I hate to be a griper, but this was definitely the worst day of our vacation, and it needs to be pu in writing. Tuesday was the first day of Mckay's conference, and he left while we were still lazing around in our pajamas. I finally got everyone pulled together and was ready to head out the door, when I realized that I couldn't find the car keys. Mckay walked to his conference because it was so close, but he had taken the car keys with him.
I hate to complain about walking 1/2 mile with my children, but it was awful! We couldn't get the wagon out of the car (because it was locked, and I didn't have the keys!) so I had to keep track of all of them while walking through downtown San Diego. There were homeless people, druggies, and crazies everywhere, and Carter and Sam had no desire to stay near me. We're used to going for walks in Heber, and boy is it different!
![]() |
| At Mission Bay. Thanks for taking a picture, Mads! |
The 1/2 mile just seemed to keep going and going! I was texting with Mckay to figure out where I was going, because he couldn't leave the conference. Finally I realized that I was totally lost and had missed the conference by about a mile, literally.
2 hours later we made it back to the hotel with car keys, but decided to just hit the pool so Mckay could have lunch with us.
After the pool we took a bike to get fixed (a piece had fallen off while were were driving down!). It was going to cost over $100 to fix, which is way more than the bike was worth! I had them trash the bike and then we went to Walmart (another 10 miles away!) to buy a new one. Just how I wanted to spend our vacation money!
![]() |
| She really was happy! |
At about 3:00 pm we finally made it to Mission Bay to ride our bikes. We rode a good 7-8 miles and had a blast and also enjoyed the park. Thank heaven for a good ending!
That evening we drove out to Point Loma to see the tide pools and lighthouse. It closed at 5:00, so we missed it.
We spent the evening walking around Old Town and trying to get over being grouchy. Ice cream helped.



No comments:
Post a Comment