Monday, September 5, 2011

Poor Boy!

We were on a family walk last night when Carter was bit by a dog. We know the owners and they were very surprised and apologetic, and I think everything will be okay, but it is still a sad thing.
Clean-up number one

I cleaned Carter's wounds immediately, and then after talking to a doctor I needed to work on them a bit more. It had probably been 1 1/2 hours since the bite, but as I was bandaging it up Carter's eyes filled with tears and he began sobbing. When I questioned what was wrong he said, "It just hurt so much when the dog bit me."
Clean-up number two

It's sad to watch such a happy, fearless kid work through this, but I'm sure he'll come out on top. Carter always does.

I do think I'll need to send him with a pillow on the firt day of school so he doesn't get sore sitting in a chair (assuming the teacher can get him to sit!).

2 comments:

Em and Russ said...

Ouch! Poor kid, that looks really sore! Give him hugs from us.

Raising Helm said...

Oh my goodness! poor kiddo. excellent clean up job. Hope it heals well!