All I had planned for the last day of summer was laundry, but that seemed so boring! So I piled the kids into the car and we headed to the Jordanelle Reservoir beach. Honestly, the beach was pretty lousy, but we set up camp near a small dock and the kids loved it!
We swam over and jumped off and threw each other in. It was a perfect way to end the summer and left us all feeling satisfied.
This morning was so successful, and we would have been on time if I hadn't insisted on taking pictures.
Madelyn starts 4th grade today, and is so excited! She will actually miss school tomorrow and is super mad at me. She's been counting down for the past few weeks and has even had a paper chain in her room to help her count down. I love that she loves school (and the social scene) and I hope that she continues to enjoy it.
Gabe couldn't handle being late, so I didn't even get to give him a hug goodbye! He just took off running when he heard the bell and that was that. Fortunately, his desk is well placed for photos.
It's always hard for me to send my kids away all day. I love having them around and we always have such a fun summer. I guess we'll just have to use our evenings and weekend well for the next 9 months.
We swam over and jumped off and threw each other in. It was a perfect way to end the summer and left us all feeling satisfied.
It's always hard for me to send my kids away all day. I love having them around and we always have such a fun summer. I guess we'll just have to use our evenings and weekend well for the next 9 months.
3 comments:
How do you have this blogged already?????? I didn't even remember to take pictures, we will have a re-do tomorrow. oooppps
Aw, I'm glad you went and did something fun for the last day of summer! I had a girl with a countdown chain too! LOL :)
Oh my goodness-I can't stop laughing! Carter falling out of the "tent" hahahah-what a stud. You guys are amazing and def went out with a bang. Bravo my friend-you have earned some mega pts for a fab summer and mommy pts. for sure! Love those Kings
Post a Comment