Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Havasupai

This trip was awesome! The company was great, the weather was temperate, the falls were beautiful, but the best part was my kids. It was so great to be able to do this kind of stuff with them. In 3 days they hiked 25-30 miles, and 20 of that was with 13 lb backpacks. There were times when it got old, but for the most part they just pushed along and did awesome.
I was also impressed when they jumped off a 30 foot waterfall. That takes guts! There were people all around and when my kids jumped you should have heard the cheer. People were so impressed, and so was I. BTW, Mckay and I also jumped. We had to show the kids how it's done!
We all scrambled through an old mine, climbing down old shafts and lowering ourselves on ladders, metal poles and a rope. We showered in the falls and swam in their mist.I wish we could do this every year, but hopefully when we come back next time Carter will be big enough to jump off the falls. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate!

4 comments:

Raising Helm said...

WOW! guts for sure. That is so awesome. I love your traditions! Bravo to the kiddos, a well deserved cheer. Neat looking place!

Em and Russ said...

After Russ looked at your pictures, he decided that he is never going and he will not let me go :( He was too freaked out by the heights and the narrow mine shafts. I on the other hand, thought it looked awesome and wished I had been there with you guys. I will have to keep begging him for another year.

Meighan said...

What a fun trip and fantastic memories! That is truly impressive that your sweet kiddos would jump off that falls--but even more impressive that Mckay did =) Glad you had a great time.

Karma said...

Beautiful!!! I am so jealous! Plus, you are all crazy - jumping off of water falls!