Is it a secret that this is one of the highlights of my summer? For a person who loves comfort and sleep, it's a wonder that I love the Wasatch Back so much, but I love it! Not only it is fun to act silly (like showing your van a full moon) and have a bit of freedom from my kids, but I love that chance to see how strong I really am (unfortunately, most people on the course make me look like a wimp).My wonderful van-mates were, in order of runs, Donna Halliday, Jane Crofts, Lynette Fields, Emily Crofts, and Georgia Palmer.

I first ran 7 miles up and over the Avon Pass and into the beautiful town of Eden (If I have another little girl, I'd like to name her Eden after this beautiful place that I love to run through). The steep grade made for some very fast splits, and some very sore legs.
My second run was 8.3 miles at a steady uphill climb to East Canyon Reservoir. I ran at 11:30 at night and the nearly full moon reflected beautifully off the lake. The benefit of running uphill was that if I ran, I passed people. So I did! It was fun to pass so many people and know that I was running while they were walking!
My final run was the icing on the cake. After 15+ miles of hills I was so happy to run 3 miles through the streets of Heber. The best part was that I began about 1/2 block from my house, which meant my fabulous family was there to cheer for me, and my kids were able to ride their bikes part of the way. It also meant that after our run we could go home to eat, shower and sleep!

So glad I could run with so many awesome women.
6 comments:
How fun!
You always amaze me! I keep telling myself that one day I will be a runner, but then I remind myself how much I hate running.
you make me tired! congrats on surviving and enjoying!!
Way to go Ashley! I'm super impressed. I'd be doing good to survive your last leg of 3 miles. You are amazing!
That is awesome! You continue to impress, amaze and inspire me. esp. running in flip flops :) ha ha nice pics. Eden is beautiful and I am excited for the news of your next addition (Eden or Gideon) both great names :) Love that your kiddos cheered you on!
Fun! Maybe one day I'll join the brave souls who run the Ragnar!
Post a Comment