I am aware that Fall is half over, but I'm still blogging about summer. At least I get it all down eventually.
Swimming Pool
We really ended summer with a bang this year, beginning with a visit to the pool just before they put the bubble back on. Once they do that my kids just freeze so we rarely go. We swim so much all summer that I rarely take pictures, but it really is one of our favorite things to do and deserves some happy pictures.
Deer Creek
The next evening we went out on Deer Creek Reservoir with our good friend Valerie. She takes us on the boat every year and it is one of the highlights of the summer. Not only do we have a blast, but the company is phenomenal.
The next evening we went out on Deer Creek Reservoir with our good friend Valerie. She takes us on the boat every year and it is one of the highlights of the summer. Not only do we have a blast, but the company is phenomenal.
"I sail!"
There are a lack of pictures, but my parents and Emily and Sofi came too. We can't go have fun and leave them out!
YW Horseback Ride
Meagan Hansen, Mckay, Sofi (my parents foreign exchange student),
Rachel Weston, me, Mickyla Hatch, Elizabeth Hayes
To end the weekend on a fabulous note I took the Laurels (and one Mia Maid) on a horseback ride for most of the day on Saturday. My dad provided the horses and the priesthood and Mckay backed him up as the second priesthood leader. I'm so glad that my girls enjoy doing this sort of thing! We had so much fun and they did really well, especially considering half the horses couldn't make it at the last minute and my dad had two bring two fat, shoeless horses. Those horses were the pits and I ended up driving them down the mountain, but it was still worth it.
The colors were spectacular and it was so warm. I have to admit that I was a bit worried about my riding skills because it's been awhile, but it seemed so natural. It felt so good to sit on a horse and feel confidant and in control. I though that my never happen again! I need to take my kids on a ride soon so that have these memories. I loved the long, family rides we did as a kid and this brought all those back.
4 comments:
How fun! I'm glad to see Mickyla and Meagan were there! I'm sure this will be an activity they will never forget!
I love the pic of Sam hanging on the pool railing - glad summer was fun but fall sure feels nice :)
I am not sure if you are always in control with a large animal...okay confidence is key. You sure did a good job at filling up your summer. I am glad the horseback riding worked out. Very nice of you and your fam. Winter is around the corner and then it is time for some major hibernation :(
Your kids are too cute. Miss them!
Post a Comment