I love Fall sports, even if BYU isn't winning. We've just had to focus on more promising teams lately, like Gabe and Carter's.
Gabe did flag football for the first time and absolutely loved it! He's pretty sure that he's the fastest guy on the team. He also has a great arm and could throw some really long passes (now we just need to work on receiving!). He also intercepted the ball once and on the next play he ran it in for a touch down. He had two touchdowns for the season and a million flag pulls.

It was especially fun that he played on the same team as Clay, a really good friend. I loved it because I got to chat with Rachel during games and practices, which always makes my day better.
Carter played soccer for the first time and was great! He was, as you can imagine, the biggest, fastest, strongest, most aggressive kid on the team.
That meant numerous goals and a lot of fun. At one point the coach tried to work with him on defense to that other kids would have a turn kicking the ball. Unfortunately, this just confused Carter and he would start running alongside the other team, laughing all the way down to the other end as they scored. I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually. That said, he still got about 4 goals per game and never seemed to get tired.
It was especially fun that he played on the same team as Clay, a really good friend. I loved it because I got to chat with Rachel during games and practices, which always makes my day better.
Carter played soccer for the first time and was great! He was, as you can imagine, the biggest, fastest, strongest, most aggressive kid on the team.

That meant numerous goals and a lot of fun. At one point the coach tried to work with him on defense to that other kids would have a turn kicking the ball. Unfortunately, this just confused Carter and he would start running alongside the other team, laughing all the way down to the other end as they scored. I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually. That said, he still got about 4 goals per game and never seemed to get tired.
3 comments:
I am sure Carter was awesome on the soccer field!! Cute boys!
Your boys are quite the athletes and I am positive they are the first to let ya know. Gabe has def given me some pointers. I let Steve know and Steve just looked at me like, "well he's right." I may be older but def not sport smart. Need to get on that with three boys. Way to go Boys!
Gabe is a "Bill Walton's Carrot Junior Team Member"!!!! Way to make a dad proud . . . did Mckay get to see any games?
Post a Comment