I really hope that this is it! I have loved hearing from so many people. Thank you for your prayers and you love and your meals and your cookies! It's a good thing I'm not an emotional eater because I've had the ammunition to gain 200 lbs!
Mckay is doing so well today! He is clean and happy and wearing jeans (why would he want jeans? It beats me. I'll take pj's any day).
The biggest problem he is having today is that he wants to go for a walk or a drive or a hike or anywhere but the 12 square feet of his hospital room. The walks around the floor just aren't cutting it. The good news is though, that he feels great and wants to go for a walk! Really there could be bigger problems.
All told he was given 6 pints of blood, which helped get his hematocrit levels into the 30s. Not the 40s yet, but we'll take it one day at a time.
Thank you again for everything. I love reading your comments and getting calls and texts. We both realize that we have an amazing support system and that we will be well taken care of by so many people. We're also greatful for the ward structure that makes it so easy to help people. I came home one evening to check my messages and had missed calls from both my visiting teachers and the RS president. The Church sure has set up an amazing system of support!
Mckay is doing so well today! He is clean and happy and wearing jeans (why would he want jeans? It beats me. I'll take pj's any day).
The biggest problem he is having today is that he wants to go for a walk or a drive or a hike or anywhere but the 12 square feet of his hospital room. The walks around the floor just aren't cutting it. The good news is though, that he feels great and wants to go for a walk! Really there could be bigger problems.
All told he was given 6 pints of blood, which helped get his hematocrit levels into the 30s. Not the 40s yet, but we'll take it one day at a time.
Thank you again for everything. I love reading your comments and getting calls and texts. We both realize that we have an amazing support system and that we will be well taken care of by so many people. We're also greatful for the ward structure that makes it so easy to help people. I came home one evening to check my messages and had missed calls from both my visiting teachers and the RS president. The Church sure has set up an amazing system of support!
7 comments:
Great news!
Dan and I have been following all of this, Ashley. So glad to hear things are looking up. Love to you all!
So glad he is doing better! There is nothing worse than being stuck in a hospital room. We hope he continues to stay healthy. We love you guys!!!!!
It was great to see him home and venturing outside with Sam. Though in pj's not jeans- that's ok. We are happy that things are looking up! Sigh...guess you can't move anytime soon or you'll miss out on all these wonderful people. :) BTW I am totally an emotional eater. "closure" it a pretty close friend.
so glad Mckay made it home!! What an ordeal!! Hope he continues to heal and get better. How do you do the "non-emotional eater" thing - I need lessons :)
Sorry I have been away from the computer for days. I am glad Mckay is doing better. He is in our prayers. I hope you are doing good!
Glad to hear things are going better!!! You guys have been in our prayers.
Post a Comment