Monday, May 11, 2009

I LOVE Mother's Day

Mother's Day is usually pretty good, but yesterday was the best yet. I was guilt free because I managed to put together gifts for grandmas and actually mailed them on time! I think it helped me enjoy the day more.

Gabriel drew this wonderful card from me. If you can't read the bottom, it says "She is good at tennis." I'm not sure where he got this idea, but I love the vote of confidence. Actually, I've never even picked up a racket, but that makes it all the better. I will treasure this note forever!
Gabe was the most diligent advocate of "Be nice to Mom today!" He kept telling the other kids to be nicer than they've ever been before. He is a sweet boy with a huge heart.

Madelyn put together this great card. My favorite part is that I weigh 60 pounds (actually, she gave it some thought and wants to change it to 40. She's embarrassed that she guessed so high) and that she wouldn't trade me for a monkey. I've always worried about that!

I love that her favorite thing in girls' time. It's fun that we get to do that sometimes, especially because she's getting to an age where we can interact on a similar level.

Mckay took great care of me, but that's really no different than any other day. I'm blessed to have him and am definitely under-appreciative. He also has great taste in lotion and body spray and Madelyn helped him select a beautiful pot and rose bush. I hope it lives to see another Mother's Day.

After we had done gifts and I had been told I only weighed 40 pounds, was good at tennis, and wouldn't be traded for a monkey, I was so happy. I wish I could bottle the feelings of love and appreciation, that way I could pull them out at bedtime and get an extra dose when I need it most!

2 comments:

Caleb and Suzy said...

So cute. Your kids are adorable. makes me really happy that we decided to jump into this parent thing. With children as sweet as yours, any woman would want to be a mother. Really, Ashley, thanks for sharing. I am excited to be a mother and share fun moments with precious children. Love to you!
-Suzy

Em and Russ said...

Your kids are the cutest! And I think you should know that I am ready to take Madelyn back any day. You know she belongs to me : )
Happy Mother's Day