Our favorite part though was hiking to the lava tubes with Nick, Gina (Nick's fiance), and Marilyn (Gina's mom). Not only are they a lot of fun, but there's no way we could have gotten into the caves without them. They also provided the only working flashlights. The kids loved climbing around and exploring in the semi-darkness.
While the trip was a success and we learned that Mckay is not essential to a camping trip, we also learned that he makes things a lot more fun, and a lot easier on mom. We hope he'll come next time.
12 comments:
Ashley- I'm glad you got a blog. I think it is fun to get to see what my old friends are up to. Sounds like you are doing well. We should get together some time.
Is the baby countdown an announcement? Congrats! I'm happy that you have entered the blogosphere. I love your pictures and I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Holy Cow!
What an adorable family and what a fun mom you are. I don't know if I'm up to camping without David. =) Congrats again on the new baby!
WHAT THE?!?!?!? I almost fell out of my chair! Ashley has a blog....when pigs fly, I thought, maybe it was a joke....but, sure enough...here you are...validating life like the rest of us....:) (only you will know what that means....)
Welcome. I'm so excited to keep better tabs on the King family, you guys are always doing fun stuff and I love to hear about your kiddos! What a fun trip to San Fran and the snow caves! That picture made me think of us at goblin valley.
OH....HELLO! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Baby #4! That is so exciting. I can't believe you will be a family of....6. Crazy. When are you due?
Ashley-
Glad you had such a smart sister to drive you into the world of blogging. I'm sure you'll love discovering all the wonderful perks of the blog.
Congrats on a successful camping trip. I'd end up in a hotel!!!
Oh, and something must be in the water because all of us violists are prego now. Did I start a trend when we all got together???
-Katy
I second Shelley's comment! It was a shock to see a blog with your name on it- I am excited to see what you're up to. Congratulations on baby #4!
Congrats on #4. That is so exciting. That's awesome that you play your viola, too. Good luck in the marathon! You're crazy to run that far. Glad to see you are doing well!
Ashley I am so excited for your blog--and your new baby on the way. I always thought my life was too boring for blogging too, but I've found the blog is a good way to express my thoughts throughout the day that would otherwise go unappreciated by small children! I'll add you to my contact list!
I thought you would appreciate this quote:
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark. ~Muhammad Ali
Haha. He's as fast as you and me!!!
Welcome to the blogging world! Congrats on the baby!
Tell us about the marathon! Do you have any pics?
You are so brave to go camping alone! I have done it but only at the King reunion where Dad and Sue are there to help. I love your blog. Amy did a good job!
Post a Comment