Monday, July 15, 2013

Hawaiian Vacation

I got to attend a themed mother/daughter date with Madelyn for Activity Days in May. The theme was couples or pairs and we got to choose how we wanted to dress alike. We went for the Hawaiian theme and I think we looked great It was so much fun!


First we ate dinner together, and then we got to walk the catwalk for all the other girls and their moms. While we were walking they read portions of a letter that I wrote to Madelyn talking about how amazingly wonderful she is. I am so lucky to have her!
The next activity was creating dresses for the mom's made out of tissue, toilet, and crepe paper. We looked amazing!
Finally, we take turns putting makeup on each other. The trick was that the person applying the makeup was wearing a blindfold. It got a little crazy, but was so much fun.

I'm so glad to share in these kind of events with my favorite daughter.

As a bonus, when I came downstairs the next morning Gabe had put on my costume and was dancing the hula. That kid can really wiggle his hips! I love the focus and effort that goes into hula-ing, which you can see as he bites his tongue. Gabe is such a hoot and makes life so much fun!

No comments: