Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Year's Eve

I have always feared to prospect of celebrating New Year's Eve at home with just my little family, but this year we buckled down and decided to survive it one way or another. I spent Monday morning on Pinterest hunting down games that would keep us entertained for hours on end, as well as keep us motivated to stay awake. In the end, I think this was the best New Year's Eve we've ever had. We had so much fun and were able to stay busy all night. Here are a few of the games we played:

Dreidel
Don't Blow the Joker. You had to blow the deck of cards off the top of the bottle leaving only the last card (a Joker). It was tricky at first, but we became pros!
Ping Pong Shake. there has to be a better name for this game, but I don't know what it  is. We belted a tissue box to our hind-ends and put 8 balls in it. It was a hoot watching people try to shake those balls out of the bx!
Hawaiian Charades. We had to spell words using only our boondas. It was pretty tricky, and pretty hilarious Mckay actually injured his knee in this game. 
We raced holding the balloon between partners. In the end, I think Mckay ended up carrying carter with the balloon squeezed in between them. 
Balloon Stomp. The last person with a balloon tied to their ankle wins. I can't quite remember who it was, but probably me. 
We tied soda cans to the end of the toilet paper, and then shot rubberbands at the TP until the can dropped. First one down won. Gabe and Mckay could get theirs to break on the first shot. I think Madelyn and I each took about 5 minutes It must be a guy thing.

No comments: