I haven't blogged in so long, that I'm afraid these next few posts will be all out of order. But the point is to get them done, right?
Sammy turned four on December 8! He was so excited for his birthday and has been counting down since Halloween. That is a loooong time for a 3 year old to wait! It was worth the wait though, and we had a blast celebrating his birthday at Trafalga in Lehi. His favorite this to do at Trafalga was to drive the cars in the game section. Of course, I never buy tokens, so he just pretended he was actually playing.
We came home for an evening of Pizza Hut pizza (per his request) and strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and strawberry ice cream. This kid knows what he wants!
Sammy is such a fun kid. He's my pal and is always so willing to help me out. When I clean our neighbor's house, Sammy likes to vacuum, wash mirrors, clean dishes, and dust. When we're through, he always helps me walk through the house and check that everything is "in order."
Last week I fell of the counter in my bathroom while trying the wipe the walls. While I was lying on the ground, moaning in pain, Sammy said, "That's okay, I'll help." I was expecting a hand up, but instead he picked up the rag and bottle and asked, "Do I spray and then wipe?" To his credit, he was very patient and well behaved while I spent the next hour lying down.
Sammy wanted his own Christmas tree this year, so he grabbed a branch that had been cut off the tree while we were putting it up, and put it in his room. During a trip to the store I found some small ornaments and purchased them for his tree. He very lovingly decorated his little twig, and even scavenged some bigger ornaments for it. It is now his pride and joy. It's sweet to see how much he loves his tree. He also didn't want me to put away this turkey when we were decorating, so he made a Santa hat for it so that we could keep it out. I love his creativity!
Sammy has learned all his letters and their sounds just by watching the Letter Factory DVD. he watches it a couple times a week, and I am amazed at all that he has learned. Now when he watches the video he does it with a notebook and pen so that when they get to each letter he can write them down. He doesn't need the video though. He can write the entire alphabet and tell you what sound each letter makes al on his own. I have never had a child learn their letters so quickly. I think if Sam's mom would help him out more he could be reading already. Oh well.
Sammy is such a wonderful kid. He loves to make people happy, and his grin is contagious. He is a fabulous cuddler and loves to hold hands.






No comments:
Post a Comment