Friday, July 13, 2012

The Great American Pasttime


My parents are both really into baseball, so I was raised going to games. I can't say that I've inherited the passion for the game that they have, but I do love a good baseball game. It was so fun to take my kids to a game this year.  We have a minor league team in Orem, the Owls, that we like to watch.
Carter with Holly and Hoot.
Because it was the game nearest to Independence Day, we had a fabulous fireworks show afterwards. I have never seen anyone enjoy fireworks the way Sammy enjoyed those. He say in my lap the whole time with a constant stream of amazement. " Wow! This is so cool! I love fireworks! These are awesome!" The whole time he was wriggling with excitement that just couldn't be contained. 

 We also were there on a Monday night, which meant the kids got the run the bases after the fireworks. They has a blast!
Gabe, a bat boy, Mads, and Sam outside the dugout.

No comments: