| Christmas 2011 |
Madelyn is 10 now, and I can't believe she's so old. She's such a fun, ,great girl and I know that I'm lucky to have her.
For Madelyn's birthday we had 11 of her closest friends over for an evening of games, topped off by a movie. We had a blast, and they all got along so well. I loved seeing Madelyn interact with these great girls and I feel so comfortable thinking of her spending time with them.
Madelyn's best birthday present was paint for her bedroom. She picked out a very bright blue, "Bird's eye view." I think we were both glad that I talked her down a shade, as even this is so bright! We painted the room the day after her birthday, and then added dots the next weekend. It turned out so great, and I'm pretty impressed with the two of us.
Madelyn is definitely my biggest helper around the house. She is quick to do anything I ask, and is always willing to help with her brothers. Madleyn wakes up at 6:00 each morning, all on her own. By the time we gather as a family at 7:00 she has already finished her cello practice and her morning chores. She's amazing!
It's so fun that Madelyn is old enough to play games with Mckay and me. She loves Ticket to Ride, Guillotine, Killer Bunnies, or anything else we pull out. The other night she and Gabe went to bed, and then Mckay and I pulled out Rummikube. In about 15 seconds both of them were in the kitchen asking if they could play too.
Madelyn has a great sense of humor, and is pretty quick with one liners. I love watching her banter with Mckay, especially when she gets the better of him.
Madelyn has been taking cello for just over 2 years now, and she has made amazing progress. She rarely needs help with her pieces and is passing off one a week. I love listening to her play.
I feel like Madelyn is one of my best friends, and I'm so glad for the time we spend together.
3 comments:
Wow, how time flies. I still think of her as the cute little toddler that we all loved. Happy Birthday Madelyn! We love you!
We think she is a sweetheart too!
What a cutie! glad she had a fabulous birthday. Sledding looked amazing...well, I guess the fact that you attempted and you had a FIRE! wow, Determination my friend:) BTW organized sports? NO it was their saturday morning bball. and for the record...It was Tyrel:)
Post a Comment