Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sledding

 We've had a lot of fun sledding this year, although we're having trouble finding a great place to go that's close to home.

In January we drove out to the National Forest with our sleds and an afternoon's supply of food. The closer we got to our destination, the harder the snow started to fall. The road was impossible to turn around on, and we were nervous about getting stuck, but we made it okay.

As soon as we unloaded I insisted on taking a family picture because no one was crying yet.It turned out great, an it's a good thing I moved fast!

 The snow kept falling, and the temperature was about 7 degrees Fahrenheit. My poor kids had red spots on their cheeks that I was afraid would turn into frostbite!

Sam succumbed to the cold and snow first. I kept trying to keep everyone happy and enjoy the hot chocolate, hot dogs, marshmallows, etc., but he wasn't falling for it. Finally, he yelled out, "I'm not happy at all!"
I'm not happy at all!
 In all, we probably stayed for 45-60 min before packing up and heading home. It wasn't the best sled trip, but it was definitely memorable.

I think Rosie had the most fun.

No comments: