Before we moved to Heber, I never cared much about the county fair. Honestly, I don't even know if Utah County has one, I assume they do, but I'm sure it would be much too crowded to go to anyway.
In Wasatch County, however, the fair is a big deal. Next year the kids will enter many more things, but this year we still had fun.
Carter was the Hula Hoop Champion for 0-5 year olds!
He did a great job and probably could have gone all day, but the other two kids dropped theirs so they called the match. He won $20 and treated us all to snow cones afterward.
Gabe took 4th place in the 6-9 year old division. He was doing great, but dropped it the second time he had to spin in a circle. He was a bit disappointed, but is now practicing for next year.
Madelyn entered her skirt and a matching hair elastic, and won a blue ribbon for each, which totaled $6. She was delighted and is excited to enter more things next year. I think I'll have all my kids enter stuff and use the $ to buy their school clothes!
As a family we enjoyed checking out the livestock and watching the parade and rodeo.
In Wasatch County, however, the fair is a big deal. Next year the kids will enter many more things, but this year we still had fun.
Carter was the Hula Hoop Champion for 0-5 year olds!
Gabe took 4th place in the 6-9 year old division. He was doing great, but dropped it the second time he had to spin in a circle. He was a bit disappointed, but is now practicing for next year.
2 comments:
It sounds like the Wasatch County Fair is small enough to enjoy. Utah County does have one...I only know because it's here in Spanish Fork...and I could hear stuff going on there last night as lay in bed. Way to go with Carter & Madelyn!
I love it!!!!! Especially Carter winning the hula hoop contest :) Cute kids!
Post a Comment