Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bryce Canyon

We visited Bryce over Memorial Day. I loved showing Mckay one of the most stunning places in Utah, and it was great to go on such beautiful hikes.
I've heard rumors that some families go on their own vacations, but everything we do we do with my family. Sofi is going home this week and she needed to see Bryce before heading back to Germany, so we decided to brave the weather and make the drive even though things didn't look great.
Of course the weather was a bit lousy, which meant we headed home on Sunday rather than staying for the whole long weekend, but it was still worth the drive.
Our Saturday hike was FABULOUS!

Peek-a-Boo Loop
Mckay packed Sam the full 5 miles. He was sure tired afterward, but it's nice that his back and knees held up enough. It's good training for Havasupai!

Carter (and I) wouldn't have made the hike if it weren't for my dad. He helped Carter every step of the way. I can't wait for next year. Hiking with a 5 year old is much easier than hiking with a 4 year old!

Mossy CaveMy brothers see water and they have to jump in! Of course, every one followed them.

Mckay told Carter to go potty on the bush so people wouldn't see him from the trail. He must have forgotten about the upper loop. Oops!

1 comment:

Raising Helm said...

Glad you guys didn't have to cross any logs:) those are some great memories. Love the pics and I am excited for next year when you have a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old:) but no 4 yr old ha ha-you crack me up.