What do boys love more than dressing up like cowboys? Nothing! (unless it's pirates, but we can ignore that right now)
Growing up my brothers loved to dress like cowboys. They had their cap-guns strapped to their hips and hats perched on their brows and they were ready to take on any outlaw that should happen across their path.
My boys are no different. Gabe dons his boots and flannel shirt and he becomes strong. He can ride a horse, so therefore he can do anything.
The only thing that could be better than dressing up like a cowboy, is actually being a cowboy. Something that Gabe didn't realize was possible until last month. At our Christmas ward party there was a brother there "dressed" like a cowboy. He had boots and a nice vest and a mustache to match, and my boys thought it was great that he would go to church "dressed" as cowboy. We let the boys know that he was not "dressed" as a cowboy, but was indeed a cowboy. He could ride a horse, shoot a gun, and most likely, play the guitar.
When Gabe learned that he could just "be" a cowboy rather than "dress" like a cowboy, he took off running with that. He now alternates his skating t-shirts and snow boots with flannel shirts and cowboy boots. When he wears them to school, nobody says anything or even cares, because cowboys belong in Heber, and they're never just "dressing up."
5 comments:
I loved growing up on a farm and being a REAL cowboy; I hope before my kids are too old, they can experience that too. I think that's awesome that your kids get the "country" experience. I remember getting a cap gun and having SOOO much fun for hours chasing the bank robbers, no good varmits or whomever else I decided needed a good chasing.
And that reminds me, Landon needs some cowboy boots.
I think I would rather be a pirate, but then maybe it is the optician in me to think that eye-patches are sexy.
p.s. I love the new family picture ate the top! You guys are super cute and we miss you like crazy.
Love it. Cute Bage ;)
Skater one day, cowboy the next. Love it.
I love it!!!!! The skater boy/cowboy mix makes me laugh. You don't see a lot of those around! Wonder wich persona will last?
Post a Comment