Last Saturday we took the kids to Sliding Rock in Alpine. It's been ten years since Mckay and I have been there, but it was just as fun as we remembered. The kids were so excited to slide down a natural waterfall, and I don't think they were disappointed.
Gabriel and Carter headed to the top with Mckay right off the bat and Madelyn stayed down with me because she wanted the boys to go first. I think she figured that if they survived it then she would be alright. Those boys didn't even hesitate at the top. Mckay went first and then they both followed like it was something they had been doing their whole lives.
Once Madelyn saw that they were fine she headed up and went too. All in all, Carter went twice, Gabe went about 5 times, and we couldn't Madelyn to quit. Mckay and I took turns taking the kids up and we had a blast.
I love that our kids are getting old enough and brave enough that we can do this kind of stuff with them. They are strong enough to hike to the slide and brave enough to go. I can't wait for the fun we'll have in a few years when they're even more capable.
P.S. Our cute Beagle, Rosie, joined us on the walk and to play in the water and once she realized that there was no where to hide and no way to get home, I think she had fun. She did fall off one of the waterfalls, but she was okay. She ended up enjoying the water and running all over the hills. I've said it before, but I just love this dog! She is perfect for our home and I love having her around.
2 comments:
I could just eat Sammy!! When we come visit, you should take us! Sounds like a blast!!
How cute are they! Sammy has grown so much since I left!
Post a Comment