Thursday, July 29, 2010

Black's Fork

The Bangerter Family has been going to Black's Fork for about a hundred years (maybe more). And our trip this year was just as beautiful and fun as it has ever been. I count Five generations that have enjoyed the same camp spot, same hikes, same horseback rides, same spring (the best drinking water in the world!), and same gorgeous views for those many years.

I have only taken my children once, so it was great to be back with my family, enjoying the beautiful Uinta mountains.

I loved spending time with my cousins, who are absolutely wonderful by the way. It was also fun for my kids to spend some time with their second cousins and great- aunts and -uncles. I love that my kids got to hear Glenda tell "The Wide Mouth Frog" and "Herman the Bear" (both of which have been quoted around the house now). I love that Gabe went on a seven mile hike/horseback ride with the Dowses and Becks. I love that Julie took my kids fishing and for Jeep rides. I love that Gabriel climbed right into Ramon's lap while we were all sitting around the campfire.

There's nothing like an early morning horseback ride, in your pajamas!


Carter's Harem

Sunrise Mountain

Papa has all the treats!

I do have a fabulous picture of Mckay hauling Aunt Julie across the river that I'll post when I get it. We had so much fun that I kept forgetting my camera.

4 comments:

Karma said...

I can't wait to see the pic of Mckay carrying your aunt :) Looks like it was so much fun!! Makes me miss Cherry Creek and all my family :(

Andrea said...

Thanks for the great time! We loved it too. I love the picture of Carter and the girls. I will send you pictures when I download them!

Raising Helm said...

Sigh! good ole' campin'- you gotta love a little dirt, good grub and of course awesome company. Glad you had fun!

Amy B. Jones said...

Carter's Harem was adorable. I swear, Gabe was Carter's size YESTERDAY! And Carter was Sammy's size!