
It's true. The last of Christmas was just taken care of last week, but I waited for a reason. We decided to burn our tree this year, but we don't have a fireplace so we had to wait until the weather warmed enough to burn the tree outside and make a party out of it. Last week the weather cooperated enough for our tree burning and the kids loved it! The tree burned fast which meant we had to keep throwing on more to keep the fire going, which the kids loved. Because out tree had dried out for awhile it didn't have the fresh pine scent, but I loved the crackling of the needles. It was fun to drag Christmas out for a few extra months.


As a side note, the tree was not in our house until March. We took it down and left it on the front porch until I taught a YW lesson on caring for your home. I walked up to the front door after the lesson and realized the tree had to go, so Mckay tossed it over the fence and it sat on the back patio for the remaining three weeks. Yeah, we're kinda white trash.
4 comments:
Big deal, Emily and her dad play Christmas music all year long. For them, Christmas never ends!!!
I love burning anything, I can imagine your kids had a blast.
Russ
You are funny, white trash? Goodness, when I see you guys in some wife beater tops, your couch is on your front porch, your dog brings you your choice of beverage and your toilet rests next to your fence for Carters convenience, then I may think about using that term for your family. HA HA HA HA-You are funny, looks like fun at the Kings!
LOL - I am just glad I am not the only one who has walked up to my front porch and thought, "Man, we look like white trash." All the bicycles, chalk art, trash, etc. etc. A friend of mine really did have her Christmas tree up, in her living room until the end of Feb. last year! At least you moved it to the porch :) I think my kids would love burning a tree too!!
That's funny. Makes me want to burn something too.
Post a Comment