Sunday, November 22, 2009

Carter, Carter, Carter

What do I do with this boy!?!
  • We were at my parent's this evening, just hanging out in the living room when all of a sudden a cat came flying over the balcony and landed inches from my dad's head. Yes, Carter had thrown the cat off the balcony. The cat survived, but Carter may have some scars.
  • Last week I caught Carter with a cup full of syrup. He informed me that he had decided to drink syrup this morning instead of juice because the syrup was so yummy.
  • Carter vanished after the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting today. I search for him frantically, and finally went to the Nursery room where I found him happily sitting in the doll's crib. He knows where he wants to be.
  • Carter falls asleep each evening reading books in his bed. He especially loves anything with "Lighening McQueen, the famous race car!"
  • Carter loves Sis. Fannin from the ward, but he calls her Mr. Fannin. Sometimes he reminds me of Dennis the Menace -- "Hey, Mister Fannin!"
  • Carter's favorite babysitter is one of the young men in our ward, Grant Pierce. Carter thinks Grant is his uncle because he's big, fun, and plays lacrosse, just like his uncles. He got really mad when we told him Grant wasn't his uncle.
  • Carter is very sweet and gentle with Little Vovo, probably because she brings him cookies. They seem to have a special relationship in which he understands a need to be careful. I think this shows some potential for him to be nice to other people too.
Basically, Carter does silly, crazy things everyday, but I don't even notice anymore because it's so normal. It's too bad that I've gotten so used to his craziness because I would probably laugh a lot more if it weren't just how we functioned all the time.

6 comments:

Jen said...

This cracked me up, because I have one at my house that is VERY similar!! It's nice to know that someone else can sympathize!

Losee's said...

haha...I was wondering why you were rushing up to the nursery without Carter! That makes me laugh that he thinks Grant is his Uncle. Grant probably loves that!

Malesa said...

That was hilarious! I like the one about him drinking syrup the best. Don't you think it's a good idea Ashley?

Em and Russ said...

I can just picture that cat flying off the balcony. What a cute kid!

Karma said...

Oh Ashley - I just love that little boy!!! Getting my Carter dose this weekend was a good thing! We really need to live closer so I can enjoy your sweet/creative/energetic little guy more often :)

Amy B. Jones said...

I'm sitting at my desk at work reading this, and DYING LAUGHING. That pretty well sums him up in one post :)