Friday, October 23, 2009

Reflections on Reflections

Yes, we decided to enter the PTA Reflections contest this year. Why? I'm still trying to figure it out. In true Mom style we began assembling our entries last night and, of course, everything's due today.

Madelyn and Gabe are each entering a photograph and a piece of 3-D art; here are their masterpieces:

Madelyn
"Beautiful Red Leaves"

"Beauty is Love"

Madelyn 3-D Art Artist Statement:

I think love is beautiful and so I chose "Beauty is Love." I started doing something that I pictured in my mind and then I thought of something else and so I started doing that and I really like my idea.

Gabriel

"This is Beautiful"

"Beauty is Nature"

Gabriel 3-D Art Artist Statement:

Nature is beautiful and it's how beautiful it is. I think it's beautiful because it has all those bugs that make it beautiful. I decided to do that because I thought of it and I looked in my mind and I saw it and then I said, "Maybe I should do that because it is beautiful."

What artists! I love that they pulled all this together by themselves. All I had to do was spend over 2 hours assembling the entry forms and making sure I had the right title on the right piece.

What beautiful work!

1 comment:

Karma said...

That is adorable!!!!!