Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Idaho and Washington Trip Part 3: Yakima and the Carlsons


Our trip ended with a visit to Emily, Russ and Mirian in Washington. Mirian's adoption was finalized in July so the Carlsons were sealed and Mirian was blessed.

I got to visit at the Carlsons from Wednesday until Friday, when I went to a nearby hotel. Mckay flew in on Friday night to join Carter, Sam and me at the hotel (Madelyn and Gabe stayed in Boise with their cousins).

We had a blast visiting Yakima's many parks during the day and chatting into the night. It's so much fun to get together with old friends and be able to pick up right where you left off.

We also went to our first woolly mammoth dig, but Carter was disappointed that they wouldn't let him help.


The highlight of the visit was the Carlson's sealing. Mckay and I went to Emily and Russ' sealing 8 years ago on our first anniversary. It was wonderful that we could be there when Mirian was sealed to them as well; it just seemed right. Sam and Mirian will be sealed in 21 years and we plan to be at that sealing as well.


We drove home ALL DAY on Sunday, getting to Boise by about 6:00 pm and American Fork at about 3:00 am. Poor Mckay had court at 9:00 the next morning.

Next summer, the Carlson's need to come to me. For at least a week. Maybe two.

2 comments:

Malesa said...

Dashing couple, those two (Sam and Miriam that is - but not exclusively). I'm so happy for Emily and Russ.
I should go to bed. I'm not making very much sense now.
Looks like you all had tons of fun. I hope McKay didn't die in court the next day.

Em and Russ said...

I agree with Malesa! Those two would have the most adorable kids if they got married. I've always believed that arranged marriages were the way to go.