
Each year at the end of July we like to hike to Cecret Lake. (Does anyone know why it's spelled like that? I'm interested in the history behind the spelling error.) The wild flowers are beautiful and the salamanders and pot guts abound.
It's only about a mile from the parking lot to the lake so my kids can do the hike on their own and feel like they've accomplished something. On our way to the lake this year we saw a HUGE moose, about 10 yards away. He had a big rack and was a bit uncertain about us hiking so close to his living quarters, so we hurried past -- after my dad took a picture.

The view from the top was magnificent and while there were mosquitoes galore, nobody seemed to get any bites.
One the was back down we saw our original moose friend, and then another one!
It was fun to be together as a family, and to have my family go with us. As an added bonus, Marissa, an old family friend came with us. Marissa was one of my mom's Beehives a "few" years ago, and she babysat me when I was about 3. It was so fun to spend time with her.
2 comments:
I don't like mosquitoes but looks like a great family trip. And, may I compliment you on your legs. For having four children, you have very nice skinny tan legs my dear. Methinks I should be more like you and run more. Then maybe I can have skinny Ashley legs too.
That is such a cool picture of the moose!!! Moose always scare me a bit - aren't they known for charging?? I agree with Malesa - GREAT LEGS!!!
Post a Comment