Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Wars Birthday Party

Note: All these pictures were taken with my previously submerged digital camera. I can't use the flash and there's a blurry spot in the middle, but at least we recorded the event.

Gabe requested a Star Wars party, so I did a bunch of internet research and found some fun games for kids his age. It should be noted, however, that I was out of town Friday night and didn't get home until 15 min. before the party. This meant that Mckay had to do all the shopping and preparation (excluding the cake). He did a great job and even called to tell me that he planned some additional game.s How did I get such an amazing husband?!?


The cake didn't turn out how I hoped, but it tasted good! Gabe was happy because he got two new Star Wars toys, so we were good.

Mckay helped the kids make Light Sabers out of pool noodles. They were a total hit and they had a lot of fun fighting each other.

Mckay found some Silly String and picked it up so the kids could do "Shooting Practice." It was definitely the most fun. They also popped bubbles with their Light Sabers, practiced balance by walking with and egg in a spoon, and played "Jedi Tag" (aka Fag Tag).

It was a pretty good party, and Gabe was thrilled, which is the most important part. Thanks for doing such a great party Mckay, I love you!.

2 comments:

Malesa said...

What an awesome party! I want to go to a party like that and I'm not even a kid! Those really were good ideas.

Em and Russ said...

I want a light saber. Maybe I could copy Gabe's party for Russ' upcoming 30th birthday. Looks like it was a lot of fun!