Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Saturday

We had three Easter Egg hunts the Saturday before Easter. The kids could hardly believe their good fortune! When I told them we were doing so many Madelyn said, "Wait, tell me the whole day from start to finish."

City Egg Hunt
We scored some movie tickets and a lot of candy at this one. Too bad it was raining the whole time, but we only lost Carter once!

Easter Bunny Egg Hunt
The Easter Bunny visits our house the day before Easter. Madelyn and Gabe requested that he hide our eggs at Vovo and Papa's house, which was so convenient. That meant I could go running in the morning and we could hit the city hunt before they went crazy with Easter Bunny stuff. I'm going to encourage that every year.

Bangerter Family Party
Each year the Bangerter's have a family Easter Egg Hunt. I remember going when I was a little girl; it was always a highlight for me. We still do it, but now it's mainly the great- grand kids hunting for egg, with a few of the younger grand kids mixed in. I love this family tradition and that my kids can enjoy it the way I did. This was the hunt they were the most excited to go to. There were tons of kids, as usual, but I could only get a fraction of them to gather for a picture, and even then only a couple would hold still.

2 comments:

Em and Russ said...

looks like you guys had a blast!

Malesa said...

How fun! Madelyn's comment made me laugh. It's like a little kid's dream come true!