Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Back to School

Carter got tetherball for his birthday from Vovo and Papa. He is in heaven! We have all had a lot of fun  working on our tetherball skills. 

Why must we ever go back to school? I don't want to be a homeschool family, I mostly want to be a no school family and go play everyday. Where do we sign up for that?
 Gabe started 6th grade with Mrs. Cardon. She really emphasized personal responsibility and the kids managing their lives rather than the parents. I loved it!

 Carter started 3rd grade with Mrs. Hansen. She is a wonderful teacher who was good at loving Carter for who he is Such a great year!
 This picture was taken the day after school started. Isn't it great?

 Sammy is really growing up and was so excited to finally go to kindergarten. And he looks pretty cool in his Batman shirt.


Sammy would have been a perfect candidate for all-day kindergarten because he wants to be in school all day and I think he could handle it better than my other boys, but I'm so glad we don't do all-day around here. It was wonderful to have him home in the mornings and to play games together. He's my little buddy during the day. Sending hi to first grade will be rough!

These boys were so excited to be in the same school. They got to walk home together each day and occasionally  see each other on the playground or at assemblies. I wish our elementary school went through 6th grade just so they could have more time together.

 Sammy was lucky to have Mrs Giese as a teacher (She thought he was the greatest, which he is) and to have a lot of friends in his class, including Emmett Crane (plaid shirt) and Kyler Bunker (striped shirt).
Madelyn also started school, but somehow I didn't get a picture of her! Since she is now in middle school she is required to take a lot of selfies, and she works hard to meet her quota. Isn't she beautiful? I can't believe how grown up she's getting!

No comments: