Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bear Lake

On a side note, Mae had her first smile on July 4. They were few and far between to start with, but starting coming more regularly. Isn't she cute?

 


How had Bear Lake been so close my entire life and I've never know about it? I feel ripped off. 

For the 24th of July we took a mini-vacation to Logan. We stayed in Amy's home (thank you!) and enjoyed the festivities. On the 23rd we arrived at dusk and gorged ourselves on her raspberries. Heaven! 
We also make homemade hula hoops in preparation for the Wasatch County Fair Hula Hoop contest. These kids are amazing hula hoopers!

The 24th started with a family fun run in Logan. Mads, Gabe, and I did the 5k and Mckay and the little boys did the mile. All the kids were really awesome. We watched the parade in the morning and spent the afternoon hanging out at the park and doing the pie eating contest. That night we watched the movie in the park (why cant I remember what it was?) and enjoyed fireworks. 

The 25th we spent at Bear Lake. This is heaven on earth, also known as a really awesome beach within driving distance. The weather was perfect, the water felt great, and the kids loved the sand.  
 Mae loved her little house and slept through most of the fun. She's  not very much fun yet. 
 This trip must become a tradition and happen at least once each summer. I think I'd prefer to go every week though. I guess it's not that close. 


No comments: