Friday, January 30, 2015

Spring Break 2014

I LOVE Spring Break. We always have so much fun and it's wonderful to forget responsibility for a week and go play somewhere warm.

We hadn't been to Snow Canyon for awhile, so we grabbed the kids and headed south. We've had a lot of awesome Spring Breaks, but this may have been the best. (I always say that.) And the best part, I didn't deliver a baby in a tent trailer!

We hiked the Red Reef trail for the first time, not realizing quite what we were getting in to! We went first on Sunday afternoon for a nice walk near the rive, but the trail is a little more intense than that, so we went back for the nitty gritty stuff on Monday afternoon. The kids did some cliff jumping into really deep puddles and we loved the rope part of the trail. This trail is a keeper!






We climbed up to some really cool petroglyphs.

Climbed the rocks by "the crack."







We went cliff jumping at the reservoir. I really wish we could have taken pictures, but I didn't want to lose my phone in the lake. The water was so clear (and cold!) and we were able to jump off rocks and then swim to other "islands." An amazing find!


And explored the peaks and lava tubes of Snow Canyon.



And hiked the Kanarraville slot canyon. Next time, we'll wait and do this in August. Brrrr! Mom slipped and fell in and had to hurry out so she wouldn't get cold. The boys went ahead to the harder part of the hike. That left me with Carter and Sammy, and Sammy's shoes broke. I had one child in my enormous tummy, one child on my back, and Carter needed lifting over some of the water parts. CRAZY! But a lot of fun, and definitely worth it.

And it was marvelous!

No comments: