Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seattle

Mckay had a conference in Seattle in August, which means a free flight and free hotel room!I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I booked a flight and joined the fun. I got there a couple days after Mckay so that I didn't have too many days on my own. The afternoon I got there though I started throwing up and we spent the rest of the night at the hotel (good thing it was a nice one!). 
The first two days I was on my own, but I enjoyed Pike's Place Market, and walking along the wharf. Not to mention sleeping in, reading, and journaling. Actually, the thing I probably did the most was eat. So much seafood and fresh fruit are a paradise! 
The fun really started when Mckay was through with his conference and we got to spend time together. 

We hit the aquarium...

The Columbia Tower...

Chinatown ...
Mckay had never been to a Chinatown before, so that was his number one pick. I hope it was everything he thought it would be. One thing's for sure though, the Korean food was amazing!

Union Station...

Kings Street Station...

and the Panama Hotel (from Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It's a MUST read!)


But one of the best things we did was buy a ferry ticket to Bremerton. The ride was so beautiful, and the view of the city in the fog was amazing. 
The ride and the day were so pleasant and relaxing. The cities we could view from the ferry had us drooling, and I was amazed that we could see jelly fish! And the guy feeding seagulls out of his had was pretty fun. 

My other favorite thing was the Underground Seattle tour. 

I had no idea that Seattle's history was so unique, and I loved a closer look at how it began. So amazing!

The absolute best part, however, was being able to spend so much time with my fabulous husband. We became experts at mass transit and walked several miles a day. We tried to eat a variety of food everywhere we went, and got in a lot of hand holding. 

Mostly, we could just relax and laugh together without all the stresses of everyday life that so easily distract us. It's good to remember how much we love each other and why we signed up for this crazy life together. 

No comments: