We had a fabulous conference weekend. We were super excited about the missionary announcement and what that will mean for my boys, especially since Gabe and Carter both have late birthdays. I love that they will be able to go on their missions right after high school. I'm also a little daunted at what that means for me. These boys have to be prepared to live on their own, without even a phone if they have questions, and they won't have much time to learn. It is all stuff they need to learn anyway, but the year after high school felt like a little bit of a buffer. However, I would rather have them go right away than wait a year. This will be a wonderful thing for them
I'm also excited that Madelyn will be more likely to serve a mission. I planned to go on a mission my whole life, until Mckay changed my plans. I love that young women don't have to choose between mission and early marriage now. I plan to have 5 missionaries, and I'm so excited!
So, between conference sessions on Saturday we went to Strawberry Reservoir to see the salmon. We were a little late, but there were a few and we got the idea. The kids' favorite part of the break was jumping off of posts and trying to get pictures of them in the air. It's quite an art, really. We had a lot of misses, but some great success by the time we were done.
Also, we missed Mckay and Lucas who were at Lucas' soccer game in Salt Lake. We'll have to go up with them later.




1 comment:
You said you "plan on having 5 missionaries" did I miss something? Any announcements I missed. Hmmm-Let me know before I start any rumors around here:) ha ha Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment