Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Fun

Some people think I'm crazy (me included) but I absolutely love summer and the time I get to spend with my kids. I like to stay busy so that they don't start fighting, but that makes for a lot of fun memories.

My favorite sounds of summer:
  • The bell at the 7 Peaks wave pool
  • The scream after the bell at the 7 Peaks wave pool
  • The thwack of a wet trampoline
  • "Lemonade 25 cents!"
  • Fireworks
  • Parade Sirens
  • "Play Ball"
  • The crack of a bat (even if it's being wielded by a 5 year old)

This summer we rode our bikes to get snow cones every Friday afternoon. We all looked forward to the hour or two that we spent together, and a tasty treat didn't hurt either!


















We also enjoyed our Pass of all Passes. Included this summer was a free play at Scera Shell. I love the theater, but I rarely take my kids because they have to be quiet and because I hate buying more tickets for kids that won't be quiet. The Scera was perfect for our family and they put on a great show!

We also hit 7 Peaks once (or twice) a week. I love to swim and miss our days in AF when we could go almost every day. When we go swimming now we go from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. I love having a day where I know we will all have fun, we won't mess up the house, and Carter can yell all he wants.

Twice we rode the gondola at The Canyons in Park City. It's a fun ride up with a sandbox at the top. Especially great was that the first time we did it we had Sofi back with us! The second time was with our friends the Eriksons. Friends make everything more fun!

School has started now, and it's probably time, but I'm looking forward to next summer. Right now I'm enjoying getting my life back under control (and taking care of all the backed-up laundry), but playing all day is way more fun.

No comments: