Saturday, June 23, 2012

School's Out!

 School's Out!! We've had a fabulous year this year, but I am so excited for summer. I love not having to go to bed at a certain time and playing together so much.
Most morning this week (when the temperature was above freezing) I walked to school with this great group of kids.  Kelsey Crane,Sammy, Carter, ,Kendall Crane, Mads, and Gabe.

 Madelyn's teacher this year was Mrs. Hall, and she was wonderful! Madelyn was fortunate to be in with her best friend, Kelsey, and I think they both had a blast and learned a lot.

 Madelyn and Kelsey were also in the GATE program with Mrs. Elliot. They had so much fun exploring new things with her and will miss her so much. The girls will both be in all day GATE next year and they're so glad that they'll have the same teacher again. That will be three lucky years in a row!

Gabe's teacher was Miss Marshall. We absolutely love her and had so much fun with her! 3rd grade is a very involved grade at JR Smith, so I spent a lot of time in the classroom along with Carter and Sammy. We all love her a lot and are so grateful for her fun and patient personality.


Carter was in Mrs. Mason's class. He adored her and she loved him right back. Be cause she was so good and sweet with him, she was also able to teach him the in and outs of school time with out too much trouble. I am so grateful for all she did for Carter. I know that not all teachers have a love for children like she does.

Fourth grade is the last year that these sweet kids are in the elementary school (I'm not ready for that!), so they had a moving on ceremony on the last day of school. The kids ran through the halls and gave all the other kids high 5's, and then they went outside and let off balloons to signify that they were ready to soar to greater heights. It was so fun to watch, and I think the girls are excited to move on. 

The thing that makes me the saddest is that I will no longer be able to walk Madelyn to school in the mornings. I've enjoyed doing it for many years and I think it's great to spend that time with my kids. It makes me sad to lose that time together. I guess we were just blessed to be able to walk together for so many years. Most people have to just send their kids on the bus.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute cute pictures - and bring on SUMMER TIME!!!
I too am happy about the more casual schedule summer brings - like bike rides until 10:15!