This year we camped near Lake Mead, which is outside of Las Vegas and formed by the Hoover Dam. When you're that close to a dam, almost everything can be identified in relation to the dam. We at "dam" sandwiches, saw "dam" helicopters, rode our "dam" bikes, and went on a few "dam" hikes. I'm hoping my kids got it out of their system over the break, so they won't need to use the word when we're not near the dam!
Spooky Canyon
| We took this picture at the beginning of our first hike. After the picture, we realized that we were at the wrong trailhead. Oh well, the photo turned out nice! |
Hoover Dam
Las Vegas
We went into Vegas for one afternoon to see the fountains and gardens at the Bellagio, visit a nature preserve, and stop at the temple. It was a great day!
| At the nature preserve. Madelyn. Sammy, Jayden, Carter, Emily, and Gabe. |
| Gardens at the Bellagio |
![]() |
| Fountains at the Bellagio |
![]() |
| It was so wonderful to go to the temple after being on the Strip. Such a difference in the feeling! |
I can't find any pictures of our bike ride, but it was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We rode through 5 old railroad tunnels to the Hoover Dam overlook. The tunnels are amazing, and my kids did so well on the long, dirt trail. Gabe and Madelyn made it all the way to the end with Vovo, Papa, and myself. Sammy also made it to the end, but that's because I powered him there on the back of my bike.
Mcaky was great to stay with Carter, who didn't think a 6 mile bike ride was quite at his level.
Arizona Hot Springs
This was definitely the best hike of the trip. We hiked through narrows and river beds to some natural hot springs. We had the fun of scrambling and climbing, with a reward at the end! Such a fun hike, and we will definitely do it again!
| My mom jammed her thumb while we were biking, so after that she was giving a thumbs up in every picture. |
| Climbing down from the hot springs to the river. |
On a side note, I found this picture recently of Gabe getting his Wolf. I didn't want to lose it again, so I'm sticking it in here. :)




2 comments:
You guys are so cool and adventurous! I am so jealous. And I love Mckay's Indiana Jones hat, especially at the Bellagio :)
How fun! And a good job to McKay. Losing weight is no fun and hard to do!
Post a Comment