Thursday, May 31, 2012

It Runs in the Family!

All 6 members participated in a Memorial Weekend Race last Saturday. This is a dream come true for me!  

Mckay, Mads, Gabe, and I ran the 5k. Mckay ran his guts out and did a great job! Madelyn and Gabe were doing their 1st 5k, so I ran with them. They are so tough and so driven and did a great job. Gabe finished in 29:59 and Mads finished in 30:06. They would have been faster, but our sprint to the finish line was interrupted by a red light and we had to stop and wait for about a minute. Madelyn took 1st in her age group, but Gabe didn't place in his, even though he beat her.
First place for her age category! Way to go, Mads!

Carter and Sammy ran in the Kids K and were so happy to be involved.
Enjoying and after race treat. I think all of us loved that creamies at the end!

I know that I might not raise a family full of runners, and that's okay with me. But I am glad that we could all participate in this event, and I hope it's not the last time that I get to share running with my family.

No comments: