Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Carter's First Day

Carter started preschool last week, even after submitting an anatomically correct drawing at the testing!

He's been so excited to go to school like the big kids and he is having a lot of fun. As far as I can tell he has been well behaved and participating with all the other kids. I wish I could watch! The only hang-up was that his mom forgot to send lactose-free snacks to school with him so he got one (yes 1) goldfish cracker during snacktime. The worst part, I forgot the next day too!

All's well that end's well though and now that he's loaded with graham crackers it should be an excellent school year!
Carter loves writing his name. I really wanted to save this paper with him writing it for the first time but he took off with it and no that's history.

P.S. I did teach him to write his name before going to school. I wanted to be sure I had taught him something!

5 comments:

Raising Helm said...

One fish cracker? Oh I can only imagine what was going through his head. Probably wishing he had "snack powers" or something. What a silly kid. Glad he is loving it. Hope you are enjoying it too! You do teach him things lady. Don't put yourself down like that :)

Em and Russ said...

What a cute kid! I can't believe he is old enough for preschool.

Karma said...

I love his face - he looks soooooo excited!! I think kid #3 is so refreshing - they are so excited to finally be doing what the older siblings are doing that they have unquenchable enthusiasm!! Cute boy - I wish I could watch him too!

Olivia Carter said...

That is SO exciting for him! What a cutie! And I can't believe you know Kiersten. I read her blog for a long time following her getting published and such, and didn't know until a fairly recent post that she was LDS. I was like YEAH ANOTHER MORMON! :)

Raising Helm said...

Cute kiddos-BTW "closure" is a sweet treat. something to have after a meal in most cases. In my case it could be before, after or in between. I know you are against all that sugar garb :)