Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Egg Heads


I saw a fun thing where you decorate eggs to look like people and then plant alfalfa sprouts which grow to look like hair. The kids had a blast with the decorating and I thought they turned out pretty well.

I am amazed at the growing power of alfalfa and think I may plant a bunch of it in my garden. It came up in a few days and looked great, until I quit watering it! The other advantage of an alfalfa garden. . . you can sell it!
These fun little guys sat in our living room for a few weeks, even after they were dead, until they were knocked down and crushed and we had to clean them up. I think we'll create some more next month and hopefully they'll live longer!

5 comments:

Amy B. Jones said...

Very cute!

Raising Helm said...

Those are hilarious-When do you find time to do things like this super woman? You amaze me. Nothing like a little alfalfa in an egg. Bravo!

Em and Russ said...

I have never heard of alfalfa sprouts being sold, but if you have a field of alfalfa, you can bale it and sell it . . . . .

Karma said...

You are full of wonderful ideas!!! How cute :)

Amy B. Jones said...

You need to update your blog so I have something to live for. Otherwise I just might sacrifice myself to my creepy ketchup neighbor...