Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Neighborhood Hoodlums

We are blessed to have a cul-de-sac full of boys that are roughly the same age. Specifically the Mansfields have three boys 3 and under, the Helms have three boys 5 and under, and I have three boys 6 and under.

On sunny days Amber, Brittney, and I and our children tend to congregate on the Helms driveway to enjoy the warm weather and let the boys go crazy. It's so fun to have great women to chat with and the boys all have each other. It's pretty sad when winter sets in and we all go into hibernation for months, sometimes going weeks without seeing each other except at church. I love that the world is thawing and we are socializing again!

On a totally unrelated note, I began filling up the bathtub the other evening and Rosie jumped in. She hates bathes, so she was probably thirsty (Sam dumps out her water). She stayed in for a few minutes, which Carter loved, and then hopped out to track muddy footprints all over the house. I love my dog!

3 comments:

Raising Helm said...

What a cute neighbor you are! I do have to say I love our unannounced get togethers. So fun! Cute boys! It still amazes me at how many boys we all have. Nice bath tub moment. you gotta love a little wet boy/wet dog smell! MmMmMm-Rubadubdub!

Karma said...

Ha Ha Ha - made me laugh!! Love Carter's smile :)

Jen said...

I've always wanted to live in a cul-de-sac for that very reason. How fun!