Madelyn is eight today, and it's just crazy that she can be that old. At the same time, she is capable of so much and mature in so many ways that she could be twelve, not to mention that I can't remember life without her!
Madelyn smile right now has a lot of holes in it. She's losing teeth let and right, mosly pulled out by Emily. She is getting tall and lean with very elegant features. I watch her face and neck and think she looks more like a pre-teen than a kid. Her blond hair is growing and thickening up and Madelyn loves to curl it herself.
She definitely adds beauty to our house, but she also makes things easier. She's very quick to help with Sammy or read a book to Carter. Madelyn loves to help cook dinner or go shopping, or just do anything. She's very quick to get her chores done and always keeps a clean bedroom. She is also very appretiative when I get things cleaned up. I always show her if I've done deep cleaning while she's at school because I know she'll be very excited and complementary.
Madelyn loves cello and gymnastics. She recently got her splits down, something that I though was impossible, given her genes. She practices her cello faithfully, to the point that she had to take a break because she was getting a blister on her plucking finger.
Madelyn is quite a thinker and loves to out-think her parents. Her reasoning skills are amazing and sometimes I have to end an argument with, "Because I said so!," because Madelyn's reasoning really does make sense and I can't come up with a better counterpoint. She also thinks through anything she's told to an amazing point. We took several days for her to feel comfortable with the Adam and Eve story because she was looking at it from so many points of view and feeling confused by contradictions. She has an amazing brain that will no doubt do amazing things.
Madelyn is also sensitive to the Spirit. She doesn't always recognize it, but she does thrive in the feelings of the Spirit and puts herself in situations where she can feel it. She reads her scriptures regularly and can write amazing talks for primary. She is an expert at leading Family Home Evening discussions and knows how to ask follow-up questions and get everyone involved.
Madelyn is very excited to be baptized, and I'm excited too! She's ready to receive the Holy Ghost and make covenants with Heavenly Father.
Happy Birthday Madelyn! You're an amazing kid.
3 comments:
She sounds like such a sweetie. And so cute!
What an amazing daughter! You are blessed.
I still remember when she wanted to watch the First Vision scene from the Joseph Smith movie over and over because it made her feel warm in her heart. So precious.
Post a Comment