On Aug 14th Carter turned three. It's hard to believe that my 39 pound, 40 inch child is only three, but time wise I can't believe it's been so long.
We spent his birthday evening bowling with the family. Carter loves bowling, but especially loves rolling the balls down the gutter. He just aims down the gutter to start with. The bowling alley gave him a bowling pin for us to sign for his birthday. He loved the pin and has it proudly displayed at home.
Carter loves giving people complements. He especially is complementary of you hair cut or clothing. He loves to go to the pool and has no idea that he can't swim, which means I have to keep a very close eye on him. A few weeks ago he learned how to go down the big slide by himself and it's given him a new sense of freedom.
Carter is still afraid of fireworks but is working to be brave. His favorite movies are Cars, Sky High, and Kung Fu Panda. He loves to go to nursery, especially to see Sister Fannin ("my friend!"). Carter loves to help me push the lawn mower.
Carter loves his dad more than anyone and is always the first to give Mckay a hig when he gets home from work. Carter also loves popsicles and tries to sneak them occasionally. He also like to do chores so that he can earn a candy. Frequently that means he dumps out a box of toys so that he can pick them up again.
The other day Carter toilet papered the garage. Another day he flooded both of the bathrooms. Carter also likes to run out of the house naked and go potty on the lawn.
Carter gets "at" and "to" mixed up all the time when he's speaking. He's also very honest. He was being a bit of a bully the other day and I asked him if he was beating up on the kids. His response was "No. Just one kid."
A few months ago we were at someone's home when Carter came up to me with a granola bar. I asked him where he found it and he said, "In Landon's hand."
He is positively sweet and loves to put his pudgy hands on your cheeks to make you focus on him. His eyes are very expressive and light up about the smallest thing. The other day he took me outside to show me that it was dark. He had me go all the way outside and close the door and then he asked, "Do you like it?" He is amazing at appretiating life.
Carter definately keeps life exciting, but makes it a lot of fun in so many ways. I love you buddy!
3 comments:
Oh Ashley - that just made me cry. I sure love that little boy of yours!!! Please hug him for his Aunt Karma - it took me years to get him to like me and so I do not take being in his esteem lightly!! I miss you all tons!
Happy Birthday Carter!
We miss you!
Oh, that was so cute. I can't believe it's been three years either!
Post a Comment