Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wasatch Back Awesomeness

Last weekend was the Wasatch Back relay -- 188 miles from Logan to Park City run by 12 crazy ladies (I only ran 18 miles). We had a blast together and felt strong because WE DID IT!!

The course is absolutely beautiful, so even when we were tired and sick and wanted to die, we could still enjoy the beauty of the Wasatch. Plus, I have never seen stars as beautiful at the stars on Friday night. We slept outside and it was hard to fall asleep because it was so tempting to star gaze. In 38 hours we got only 4 hours of sleep, but it was worth it.
All the teams have really fun names and decorate their vans accordingly.

Our team was Scrambled Legs and Achin'. My favorite is the R.O.U.S.'s (Runners of Unusual Speed) On their van the wrote things like "I don't even exercise" and "You mock my pain." Here are some other great names:
Running out of Cache(valley)
Dirty Underwear Gang
J.A.R.E.D (Joggers against running, exercise and diet)
Highway to Hell
We've got the Runs (wearing Depends)
Our wives think we're at work
Zena Warriors (they ran in costume!)
Dude, where's my van?

Runaholics Unanimus
Ignorance is Bliss-ters
Where's the finish line?
Running on MT ( Running on empty/mountains)
Kickin' Assphalt
The dirty dozen
Two Fats-Ten Furious

Run like the winded


Wow, Mom! You look fast! (It must be the glasses, or it could be that you were really movin'!)






P.S. Much thanks to our Athletic Supporters. We couldn't have done it without all the dad's who stayed home from work to give their wives. . . um. . . a break?

4 comments:

JJLanier said...

You are incredible Ashley! Seriously 188 miles? I would have died! And I love the team names!

Caleb and Suzy said...

That is so, so cool! Lots of my family participated this year. I really want to do it next year. I'm ready to hit the trails again and do some running. This little girl just needs to decide to come down and be with us.

Love you Ashley!
-Suzy

Malesa said...

Wow! How fun! It looks gorgeous there too! I think your name was one of the best.

Lynette said...

Here, here! And we deserve that break! Thanks again for letting me run with you guys! I would love to run with you again;I'll have to let you know as soon as our finances look more promising. Don't feel bad if you can't hold a spot though.