Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grateful for Gabe

This year I've been writing about the kids in my journal each night in an effort to be more grateful for the little things and find greater fulfillment in motherhood. It helps me remember the little, wonderful things they do each day that make me happy. Here are some entries about Gabe:

Jan 5, 2009
I'm grateful that Gabe loves Samuel so much. Gabe needs a lot of love and I ws afraid he may resent the baby because Sam would detract from Gabe. However, Gabe seems to be more than happy to have someone else to cuddle with.

Jan 10, 2009
Gabriel got out of the bath and started dancing in his room, totally naked! It was so funny to see him totally uninhibited.

Jan 20, 2009
Gabriel came home from school and didn't take his backpack off for three hours, until Mckay made him for dinner. It made me smile.

Jan 28, 2009
Today we had a dryer repairman come. He let the boys hold his mini electric drills and turn them on. Gabe apparently really appretiated that because after the guy had the boys put them back, Gabe made a paper airplane for him. Gabe put it in his tool box so he could take it with him.

Feb 24, 2009
Gabriel ran and picked up a cup I dropped while setting the table. He's so quick to help with little things like that.

March 12, 2009
Gabriel said he wanted a dog, and when Mckay asked why, Gabe replied, "Because they're soft and cuddly!" He's such a sweetheart.

April 7, 2009
Gabriel was planning on playing at Madison's this morning, but came outside for a few minutes and played with Carter and me instead. When I reminded him that he needed to hurry to play with Madison, he said he'd rather stay home and play with us instead. That's the best compliment he could have given me. He also scored 3 goals at his soccer game this evening.

I love you Gabe. You're AWESOME!

1 comment:

JJLanier said...

What a good boy you have! And he has such a good mom!