Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Lost Diamond!

I hate coming up with titles for my posts. Oh well.

This morning I was chatting on the phone with Mckay when I looked down at my had and realized the main diamond had fallen out of my wedding ring. Ahhhh! I thought I was going to fall over. I went running yesterday morning, to the church the night before, basically, it could be anywhere.


I started crawling all over my filthy house (I didn't realize how bad it was until I started looking at every crumb the size of a 1/4 karat diamond), when I thought to look in the vacuum bag. Gabe vacuumed in the morning and hopefully it was there. I pulled the canister off the vacuum and there is was! Just sitting in the bottom of the canister like all the rest of the grossness in my house. I can't believe I found it! This was definately a tender mercy, as was the fact the Mckay was near the house and was going to stop by and say hi. I needed a hug right then, so it was perfect timing.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

WOW! WOW! You are so super lucky to have found that! You have got to be one of the luckiest girls EVER! I can't believe you found something the size of a crumb. Congrats! Sheesh...I'm sure that gave you a heart attack!

Caleb and Suzy said...

Geesh! That is intense. Make sure you get a few more prongs on that diamond to keep it from falling out again.

-Suzy

Katrina said...

How scary! I can't believe that you found it...and so quickly! Really-congrats! I had the 4 prong diamond ring and I had to have it changed to the 6 prong because my diamond was rattling! SCARY!

Amber said...

I am so glad that you found it. Those Tender Mercies are amazing.

JJLanier said...

That is one of my biggest fears- to lose my diamond! I am amazed that you found it!

Malesa said...

Good job! I'm glad that you found it. Talk about stress city though.