Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a Weekend!

We've had a really fun weekend. On Saturday morning I woke up and went for a run for the first time in months! It was short and slow, but it felt so good to stretch my legs. (Sorry Karma. I thought of you.)

Saturday night was Sam's baby blessing. We had a lot of family there, including Grandma and Grandpa Gardner (Mckay's grandparents) and Little Vovo(my grandma). My Bangerter grandparents tried to come as well but Grandpa fell down on their way out the door and that put an end to the whole trip. (He's doing okay now that he rested for awhile.)


Samuel was so sweet for the blessing and looked so cute in his little suit. He wore the same shoes that Mckay and my other boys wore for their blessings. It's hard to imagine that Mckay's feet could ever have been so little and cute, now they're big and ugly!

I feel blessed that Mckay was able to bless him and that we have this sweet spirit in our home.

The only thing that would have made it better was if more family could have come. My brother Michael was out of town, and Breanna was Mckay's only sibling who could make it. I guess we'll just have to go to Boise and visit the majority of the Kings.

Monday was Madelyn's seventh birthday. I can't believe how big she is! Monday night she helped me bathe Samuel, and it seems like I was just taking care of her the same way. I wish they would quit growing up so fast! (Except Carter, he can grow out of two and into three, or just go back to one.)

In celebration of Madelyn's birthday we went to see High School Musical 3 with two of her friends and Gabriel. They had a lot of fun and Mads felt like she had a great birthday. Mckay and I gave her a set or rollerblades. It's great to see her skating around the house with Gabriel. It'll be nice when the weather warms up and those become outside toys!

The inauguration of President Obama really topped off the weekend well. Gabriel and Carter were pretty upset that I turned off their cartoons in order to watch the swearing-in, but they'll thanks me later. It was history! I may not agree with Obama's politics, but I can't help but be moved by and African-American man being the leader of out country. I'm proud that our country has come so far and I can't wait to see what's next.

4 comments:

Meighan said...

Oh, Samuel looks so cute! I'm so disappointed we couldn't come. That darn husband of mine! =) Happy Birthday to Mads. Can you believe she's 7? That means Ellie is almost there. Scary. Today we had to go shopping for new pants and she got all size 7's. I almost cried. Miss you!

Kirsten said...

Sorry we couldn't make it. We were planning on it, but couldn't see infecting your family with the cough/fever/gastrointestinal illness from hades. I am glad things went well for you, and you really do have a beautiful family. Have we mentioned that you should move to Idaho? Think Rexburg area.

Sofia Dowse said...

Congratulations on your new baby and on his blessing! What a cute family you have! I can't believe your kids are getting so old. How are you feeling? Samuel looks absolutely adorable - good job!

Malesa said...

Cute new background!